One more day of the Great Backyard Bird Count. I have birded in 5 locations so far...Mom's house, my house, Lake Isabella, Kelley Nature Preserve, and the Loveland Bike Trail.
Here's a list of the birds I have seen so far this weekend...
(Birders just HAVE TO LIST...it's what we do):
3. Canada Geese
4. TURKEYS!!! (One was an albino!)
5. Turkey Vultures
6. Blue Jays
7. Mourning Doves
8. Carolina Wrens
9. White-Breasted Nuthatches
10. Carolina Chickadees
11. Song Sparrows
12. House Sparrows
13. Dark-eyed Juncos
14. Eastern Towhees
17. Titmice (that's plural for Titmouse)
19. Downy Woodpeckers
21. Red Shouldered Hawk!!!
22. Eastern Bluebird- first of the year!
23. Purple Martin-also first of the year!